Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Time for a Break?

Hello all...
I am sure you have been wondering where we have been. I just wanted to let everyone know that I made it through teacher appreciation week. It was awesome to honor our teachers and to try and let them know what they mean to use. After all...they are taking care of my precious little girl. I think that the teachers really enjoyed themselves as well.

The week after teacher appreciation was not much better...it was the last week of school, we had a county fair (after reading Charlotte's Web) and yes...I was at the school all day. Then the following day I went to help them clean up. Each night of that week I spent HOURS completing a scrapbook for our 2 teachers...it was a great book. So we spent Thursday saying goodbye since we are moving schools...it was really sad.

Then...my wonderful hubby allowed me to take off for the weekend. Sweet girl was at Nana and Pawpaws house, daddy took the other 2 camping, and I went to spend the week with my froggy sister! It was fantastic...although I never have enough time with her. But we had fun.

So we are trying to take a break now that school is out...if a mom can take a break. My break so far has consisted of all day in the garden, yard work, cleaning house, reading with Big girl, getting little man's hair CUT OFF...way to much, and trying to keep up with work. We did take the kids swimming tonight...that was fun.

So I need to update you on the books...I tried really hard to read Mrs. Dalloway...but I put it down. I am not sure I have ever read anything quite so boring. I am sure I could think of one...but it was really boring. So I started on a new one that is not on my list...Rebecca...I will add it to the list if I like it. So far it is pretty interesting.

I did finish my leadership class, and I have started a new small group to study women in the Bible. So that should be interesting. I have also started my Auschwitz book...but you know me...I like to do multiple things at one time and that does not exclude reading material. So I will try to update the book list soon.

I will also take a picture of my little man...he is so big now and really looks like a toddler with a hair cut. Mommy likes it long and curly, daddy wants it buzzed! I compromised although she cut a bit too much.

I put a few images below from ACES day at Big Girls school...you will notice that Sweet girl was right there.
Talk to you soon...miss you H!



2 comments:

  1. What is ACES? Go Big Girl! She'll be working w/me at a ropes course one day :) I miss you too...I told T I just never get enough time w/you...and of course I mentioned that we talked in bed...that got a great look on his face, you know him! Luv u! by the way...will it completely embarrass (I can't even spell that correctly right now) if I post my new Napoleon pics on my blog???? Oh pretty please?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just re-fashioned my blog, want me to update yours w/new pinks and such? It's fun, just takes me a bit, but I'm learning more, like how to get rid of lines where you don't want 'em (well, some of them). you don't have to publish this comment, just figured you'd read this before an e-mail, ha!

    ReplyDelete