Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stop hitting yourself...

Do you ever just take the time to sneak in when your kiddos are playing together...quietly...not bothering you...and sit to listen?  Well...then you are in for a treat...you have to try it.  Here is just an example...

The other day after school I asked the kids to give mommy 15 minutes to do a few things and we would go outside...they all agreed without arguing.  So they went to their room, I got busy, and realized it was pretty quiet...so I quietly walked back to the room to see what they were up to.  Big girl was on the bed with a few Barbies 'teaching school', Little Man was on the floor with several dinosaurs and his mutant ninja turtles having a war, and Sweet girl was standing in the middle of the room with a stuffed animal hitting herself in the head.  Each time she would hit herself in the head she would say 'stop hitting yourself, why are you hitting yourself'...you know the game.  She had it a bit backwards...I knew what she was trying to do, but she had the concept wrong.  You know that you are supposed to grab someone else's hand and use that to hit them with and then ask why they are hitting themselves...

So I said to sweet girl 'Honey, you are doing that wrong, it goes like this.'  I grabbed Big Girls hand and used it to pat her on the head and said to her 'Why are you hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself'...and Big girl laughed...she knew the game thanks to her daddy.

I turned to find sweet girl really puzzled and she said 'but mommy, I am talking to myself and if I did that to Big Girl, I would be hitting someone else, and I don't hit.'

OK...can I just tell you I laughed so hard my tummy hurt.  She was completely serious...so sweet!

Here is another layout I finished...I am having fun trying to figure this digi-scrapping out.

Paper from Mason Creek Creations


Paper from Mason Creek Creations


1 comment:

  1. Oh, those are so CUTE!!!! I'm pretty sure you've got the digi-bug now and you are doing perfectly. that's cute paper on the last one, where's that from so I can download it? Or do I already have it and don't realize it? That's highly possible.

    ReplyDelete