Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grace - Grace - Grace

OK...those of you that were at the Women's Retreat know where I am coming from...and trust me, I need you to send a little grace this way. Not because I deserve it, not because I have worked hard to get it...but my Father in Heaven has given us all such an underserving grace and we should try to model that. I know it is impossible to be perfect...so in those moments that we all have...we just send each other a bit of grace.

I have to say that the word has come up on more than one occasion especially since the retreat. Now I picked the name of my blog for a reason...my kids do not always deserve grace because of their behaviour or attitude...but because I love them unconditionally I give them grace. I don't kick them out of the house just because they SPILL PAINT ON THE FLOOR...or because they 'TAKE GOLDFISH ON THE CARPET'. No, I am not yelling at you...I am just stressing that sometimes we give grace to those who do not derserve it...but we have to remember that grace was given to us.


With that said...just send me a little grace...for not posting, not e-mailing, not calling, not writing, and not being on facebook. I do apologize...but as I have stated before...my life gets pretty hectic during the school year. Just an example...last week was basketball on Monday night along with gymnastics, teaching science on Tuesday for Kindergarten, teaching science on Wednesday for 2nd graders, soccer on Tuesday and Thursday...not to mention all the daily work along with schooling sweet girl at home. All the trips to the PO, WM, HEB...cooking, cleaning...and don't forget my full-time teaching job. Then every spare moment I try to play with the kids...or color...or read. Sometimes I just lay on the floor and let them entertain me.


This past weekend we left on Friday to go camping...it was Awesome. I think I actually got to relax a bit and I even played kick-ball. We ate very well and I only had to cook 2 meals. I even got to work a jigsaw puzzle. I took almost 200 pictures...not all were great...but I did take a lot of them and I walked in the beautiful hill country. It was amazing. I am often in awe of what God's creation can do for the renewing of your mind and spirit. Just check out our view from the back porch:

The kids had a blast and it was special family time. There is no way I can show you all the pictures. I can't even show you all the ones I want to tonight. So I will do my best to get some posted over the next few days...or weeks. I have to say that because next week is a big one for me.

Anyway...just remember to throw some of that grace my way and I will do the same for you...and enjoy the pictures.


Our house for 3 days



No comments:

Post a Comment