Sunday, February 8, 2009

Finally...a happy birthday!

Hello all...I just wanted to share a few pictures with you. But first...let me just tell you a little about how this came about. My precious sweet girl was born in December. Most of you know that it was a surprise delivery that had to be done at the ER in a really small town. So I guess you could say from the beginning sweet girls birthday has been a whirlwind. I didn't even have a camera at the ER so she was several hours old before anyone got her picture.

When she turned 1 we had a quick party for her with lots of friends...and those of you that were there remember the infamous duck cake (I think that still gives her nightmares). The next birthday we had a tragedy and an unexpected death in the family...so we were out of town and our minds were not yet ready to celebrate. So we went to WM on the day of her birthday and bought her a cucpake and celebrated with just us. The next year rolled around and we were busy remodeling a house...and again my sweet girl got passed over. December birthdays are so hard. So this past year (08) we were fortunate to be on a plane to Disney World on her birthday. And although that was a huge gift for us...we still didn't have her a party.

After Christmas passed she asked me if she would ever have a birthday party like sissy. My heart just broke. We just got so used to blaming it on the fact that we are so busy in December. So I asked her if it would be ok if we had a late party for her. Of course she said yes, and she talked about it everyday until we had it. We had another death in the family and were about to skip it again until she approached me and told me what kind of cake she wanted. She even told me the colors. I couldn't skip it again. So in Jan. we gave our sweet girl a birthday party. We had lot's of friends over to celebrate her. She loved it. So I wanted to share a few pictures.

Here you go:


















2 comments:

  1. No more makeup on my pretty girl!! She's too cute without it...geez, I sound like my mom:~) Love you :)

    ReplyDelete