Monday, February 16, 2009

Time flies when you are having fun.

Hey everyone...I can hardly believe it is halfway through Feb...can you? Things seem to be flying by...I guess because we are so busy. So I just wanted to give you some updates and hopefully make you laugh a little. I mean...sometimes I just have to sit down and laugh at what happens in my life...otherwise I would cry. I am sure you know what I mean...especially you stay at home moms!



OK...so Big girl had a Valentine Party at school...and yes, we stayed up until about 10:30 the night before making that special box. She was determined to have a lady bug...so what do you think about this one? I know...it is a bit hard to see...but we used an oatmeal box wrapped with red paper that she and Sweet Girl spruced up with 'diamonds'. We used large black wings and put her name on the wings with glitter (it was everywhere). We took the lid and cut out the mouth for the cards to fit in and made some fancy eyes. We did have some fun...we also used straws to make the legs (thanks daddy for that idea).



So Sweet Girl and I went to the party...here are a few shots from the festivities.


















OK,so the other new thing in Big Girls life is that she started Basketball. Her Nana will be proud since she was a B-ball player. Now, we are working on dribble techniques and we are working on not being scared of the ball. Remembering to keep her eyes open when someone passes the ball to her has been hard. But she sure does look cute out on the court running around! Her first game was this past Saturday...she lost the first one (really scary), but won the second game. She touched the ball, I think 4 times. So that is good! Here are a few shots of our #12 star!





Let me go back to Valentine's Day and tell you the most wonderful gift that I got. You might be thinking diamonds or fancy chocolates...no...daddy did the best thing yet. He bought me a DYSON!!!! I know what you are thinking...not so romantic right? Well, I have been wanting one for some time, but didn't want to ask for one because they are so expensive. My vacuum just was not working at all...so we started looking...of course he was looking in a much lower price range. But because he must really love me...he gave in about spent the big bucks. I LOVE IT! I used it on my room...and can I just say GROSS! I can't believe I have lived without a Dyson this long. It works on all my floors and cleans the ceiling fans very easy. So forget the jewelry and candy...this is the best gift ever. Way to go honey!


So what's going on in Sweet Girls life? Well...not too much. Since turning 4 she has learned to throw fits and say NO very loudly. She is learning that just because she has her strong will and wants to demonstrate it...it does not always go her own way. She is still our little princess...we just have to get through this stage.


Now Little Man...where do I even begin? What a difference that one is! He is so energetic...I can barely keep up with him. He talks all the time, runs wild, tests his limits and mine, while keeping a smile on his face. He even has that look now where he knows he is doing something that he shouldn't...but it is so cute you just have to laugh! He is also dedicated to his new cartoon...'cooby do'...otherwise known as Scooby Doo. He comes into our bedroom between 6:30 or 7 and instead of good morning I love you mommy...it is 'cooby do'. So the first few pictures below are of him 'hanging out' in mommy's chair watching 'cooby do', and the other pictures are of him using his reward stickers from Nana! He finds the neatest place for those stickers. We are still finding them in different places.





I have more to tell you all...but I can wait for another night. I have to tell you about what is going on outside as well. I will just leave you with a funny story:

The kids were playing in the girls room tonight and I kept hearing them say "handsome prince"...either talking to their Barbies/GiJoes or polly pockets...I just didn't know. Until they came running into the kitchen announcing that the 'handsome prince' was on his way. In walks my Little Man with a wonderful hairdo and hair bow in his hair and he JUMPS into the kitchen...throw his arms up in the air and says "HANDSOME". Man...if moms could only have built in cameras...you know like that would be a function of our eyes or something. Then we would only have to look into another device and print the picture. Of course a picture wouldn't give the whole story. He was so proud of his hairdo...and he knew that he was handsome! Things like that make this journey so worth while. In the midst of cleaning the kitchen, being tired, knowing I still had to work, and just wanting to fall into bed...my beautiful (and handsome) children can always make me smile.


Talk to you all again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Awww, I love your kids! I hope one day mine will be as good as yours. I read every one of your blogs and always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Val. box! And Handsome...that's hilarious :) can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete