Well...slowly but surely I am reading my books. I am not sure about others...but I have so many things going on in my mind, and I think I have a touch of ADD at my age that sometimes I get bored with the same book. Don't get me wrong...all the books I picked are great reads...and I am really enjoying the 'personalities' of Sybil...but I like to keep things exciting...so of course I am reading several books at one time. It is just what I am in the mood for.
I just wanted to give you a cricket update...I have found a total of 7 live ones, 5 or 6 dead ones, and I saw a cricket leg the other day...so I am hoping my cats are earning their pay by eating all the crickets.
On a side not...our wonderful (not hyper at all) puppy decided to leave a dead rat on the back porch...a BIG rat! Kind of scary to think that critter was running around in our backyard! Anyway, I guess we will keep Concho around a little while longer...although if he keeps digging up my one particular plant we may have some issues!
Ok...now update on the kiddos...let's start with my little man because I just don't know what I am doing. Yes, he is my 3rd...but he is my first boy and HE DIDN'T COME WITH WARNINGS! So all you veterans out there...please SEND ADVICE! What is the deal with wanting to jump of everything? Is that just mine or are all boys like that? And if he doesn't stop handing me his boogies, then I am going to put a band aid on his nostrils. He does love to get dirty, he owns his own 'tools' and garden supplies, but he freaks out when dirt is on his hands. His face, well, he could care less...but he wants to wash his hands all the time. He will sit at the dinner table with us for about 2 minutes then he is done, he refuses to let me buckle his car seat, he doesn't like to nap and prefers to have a bedtime around 10 pm only to wake at 6 am to watch cartoons, and he enjoys tackling everyone and everything! So I am ready for advice...
Ok the girls are getting ready for their dance recital, they are still going through some 'sister struggles', but all in all the seem to be doing well. Sweet girl is still that princess that wants to play in make up and have her nails painted. She still speaks in a very high-pitch voice, has a bit of an attitude when it comes to cleaning her room, but loves to read, play kitchen, and go to school. Big Girl is doing well in school (we were there yesterday to teach about the environment), makes 100's on her spelling tests, loves to jump on the trampoline, has a new tooth growing in the front, wants her hair braided all the time, climbs in bed every night at about 2am (sometimes I am still up when she comes in), and remains to be my big helper.
Daddy is still working hard, out of town some, and he IS helping with the garden. I do remember him saying that if he put the garden in...that was it...he was not going to help anymore...but I guess he is just such an awesome daddy that he wants to show the kids that he is willing to do what it takes. I can't wait until we can go out to the garden and get some food! We have used the herbs already...it has been great!
And I guess you know what I do...work, work, work. Just kidding...I do work, clean, weed, plant, water...you know all those things a mommy has to do. But I am also fortunate enough to have special time with my kids and my family! We are so blessed...I am continually amazed at watching my kids grow and can't imagine how I would feel if I had to leave them all day. Yes, sometimes I do complain and I am working on that, but I am truly blessed to be able to stay here with my kids and be a part of Big Girls class!


Aww! I'm glad you keep everyone updated. I miss ya'll!
ReplyDeleteT says atleast he's handing them to you...b/c the other options are...he's eating them or wiping them somewhere you don't want them. Be prepared for ATLEAST 9 more years of this...J still hands his to T (I trained him early on that I would not take them from him...course that might be why he wipes them places occasionally..hmmmmmm).
ReplyDelete