Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm Committed

Ok...so I know what you are thinking...she has finally lost it and has been 'committed'! Well...you are wrong. But I am committed...or at least I have committed myself to a very special event. I know you are happy to hear about that H.

Many of you know that I have been discussing walking in the 3-day event for the Susan G. Komen race for the cure...well...it is official. I registered a few minutes ago...and I have to say I am still a bit scared. I just wanted to share with you why I am walking.

First, as many of you know, I will be walking with a friend that is so dear to me that I just can't explain. It is one of those friends that after we spend a week hanging out...I get that homesick feeling and feel like my sister just moved away. Anyway, it is important to her and close to her heart as well as her families...so I am walking to show her how much her friendship means to me.

I am also walking because I do know several people that have beaten breast cancer and I think it is a great cause for research money. Not only for breast cancer, but many other cures and treatments have been funded by the money raised.

And as most of you know I recently had an uncle pass away from cancer and it was extremely hard to see what he went through as well as my family. So I believe in cancer research.

Now let me tell you why I am scared. First is just the fact that I will be walking 60 miles in 3 days and with 3 kids, 4 pets, a hubby, a house, and work to do...it is hard to find enough time to train...but I am doing my best and am dedicated to being ready for that 3 days. So just pray for strength for me. But most of all I am scared that I have committed to raising so much money...so just remember to pray that the finances will be taken care of...I know they will.

Other than that things are going great around here...working hard and Sweet girl loves doing school at home. She asks me all the time to do work. Big Girl is working hard and little man is wild as ever...but he keeps me on my toes.

I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. Like I needed an extra reason to cry today!! :) I am SOOOO excited!!

    ReplyDelete