


We are preparing for all of our holiday travels coming up...and it is a hard time for us, but we are ready (I think). We love going to see our family, but it is difficult to travel with 3 kids (potty breaks every 30 minutes). I know many of you are also traveling as well and I was just talking to a friend of mine (GW) the other day about the holiday season. I mentioned that it just seems that the season of Christmas goes by faster each year. I always have all these plans that I want to do with the kids and our family to 'make cherished moments'...but each year we seem to lose more time. It just goes so fast especially since Big Girl is in school now. She will get out of school on Friday...we leave on Friday...come home the 24th and leave again on the 25th...hectic. I am so excited about seeing my family...but I am trying not to get so 'busy' with the holidays. I am also trying to teach my kids the real reason we celebrate this season. I even bought myself a new nativity scene this year. I splurged and bought a Jim Shore for those of you that know who that is. It is a beautiful scene...hand carved and painted...and we have talked with the girls about it. We have even taught Baby Boy how to say Baby Jesus...so sweet! Anyway...I know this is getting long...but I think during these times we get so caught up in having to do everything, get the gifts, bake the cookies, have everything in order, travel to different places, and we become tired, stressed and over worked. That is not the way to celebrate this season...
I heard a lady say 'be careful what you ask God for...because you just might get it'...Well, I am asking for Him to slow my Christmas down, to truly make it peaceful, to allow time for my family, and most of all to help us Glorify Him in all that we do. I mean God gave the FIRST Christmas gift ever...right...he gave us his son...Jesus Christ...we can't top that no matter what we do or give. All God really wants is for us to be with our families, celebrate each other, love one another, and most of all celebrate the birth and gift of Baby Jesus.
Yes, I love to give gifts, cook for people, bake the cookies for my kids...and I love to see their faces when they get to open their gifts...and the family pictures were such a nice gift for me and those that will enjoy the photographs...but I do not want them growing up without knowing and receiving the ultimate gift!
So let's celebrate our families, our traditions, our friends, and our blessed Saviour during this holiday season.


Save me a picture! I'll make you a fun January wallpaper if you don't get photoshop for Christmas (did you remember to ask for it??). Love you and the pics are GREAT! Have fun w/the fam.
ReplyDeleteI love the photos! The last one is my favorite!
ReplyDeleteI love the post too! :0)
~robin