Sunday, December 21, 2008

Grace in the minivan

Ok...I know we have been gone a few days...but I guess I am still recovering from the minivan ride. We only had to wait 10 minutes into the trip before we heard some arguing. Yep...my sweet babies were arguing. We stopped that real quick only to hear the kids start crying. I know what you are thinking...those sweet babies...crying...no way. We were about 40 minutes into our 8 hour trip. What fun.

So we put in a movie, gave some snacks and things seemed to be going ok...but no...we have to stop and potty. Then we spill a red icy in the car (sweet girl)...we drop Cheetos in the floor, we have an accident in pants and spend about 20 minutes cleaning up. Daddy was devastated that I threw the pants away (I wasn't about to wash them out)...they were only jammie pants and we can get the child more.

So the tip continues with constant talking, crying, arguing...and then we had to deal with the kids. No, I am only kidding. They were quiet for a while. But the noise continued a bit. Then we were about 40 minutes away...and it really started. You know those moments that you want to bang your head on the dash board and claim that you will NEVER take this trip again...but realize you are making a sacrifice for your kids to see family. So you just lay your head back and listen to the 'music' of complaining about being strapped in. Wanting to be at PawPaws house NOW. Wanting to see Nana NOW.

We were then 30 minutes away from our destination...and it got a little quiet. I look back and Big girl is fast asleep. Then Sweet girl is now asleep. Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that the last 2 hours of the trip I had to rub Baby Boys foot. I am not sure how he learned that...except that mommy LOVES to get pedicures and I had several when I was pregnant with him. Anyway...it was uncomfortable, but I love him...so I did it anyway.

Ok...so 15 minutes away, and you guessed it...he fell asleep. Only to arrive at our destination so we could wake them all up to hear them cry a bit more before going back to sleep.

All that said...I just kept thinking about the reason we did all that...and no matter what we had to deal with on the trip...we are with family now and it is awesome. We were reminded that we need help even in the small things...like that grace we needed in our minivan Friday night!

We miss everyone...

2 comments:

  1. I love ya'll! I wish you lived here. Well, ya'll have a Merry Christmas! Oh I made a blog page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I missed ya'll. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! Oh, and I got a blog home.

    ReplyDelete