Saturday, December 27, 2008

Yea...I know what the experts say...

Hello all, I hope you had a great Christmas and celebrated the birth of our Lord and Saviour...or as baby boy says "Jesus Baby Day". Yep...you heard me...he is on to speaking in 3 words, not necessarily in order...but they are there.

Many of you know that we have been traveling...a lot...recently. Not to mention flying to Disney World...but we have been to both grandparents house. It has been hard...but we have had a blast. When we get to Mammaw and Pappaws house...it is a zoo. No kidding...not to mention all the adults...we have 8 kids running, crawling, jumping, crying, screaming, eating...you can see my point. Anyway, we took the kids to a jump house today...what fun. We went to make the kids tired...well...you try climbing up all that equipment while holding a 28 pound baby...I am EXHAUSTED. But the kids had a blast.

It is always hard to make decisions when you have this many people around, but we are making it. Of course I am reminded of a perfect quote. Please tell me that you are all fans of Peanuts...(if not, please don't tell me)...anyway Lucy once said "If everyone agreed with me...they would be alright"...Don't you love that one. Really, I am kidding, I mean if we all agreed then we would never argue...if we never argued, we could never make up.

On a more serious note...I have really enjoyed being around family. Of course with my parents the only kids are mine...but we have fun with the family and love to visit. When we are with daddy's family...there are lot's of kids. Of course when your kids are here, then you want them to be on their best behaviour. I am always telling myself that my kids just grow up too fast (they do don't they)...until that moment at 2 am in the morning when everyone in the house is asleep except my child. No I am not talking about my baby...but Sweet Girl decides to throw a fit. So all those times I said...they grow up too fast...I was saying to myself...good grief...grow up already...why throw fits at 2 am. But the next morning when she walks up to me, gives me a hug and says "mommy, I love you", then refuses my help to get her clothes on...well, I realize again that they do grow up too fast.

So when we are around people, yes even family, it is nice to see your kids behave well. You know all those nice things that you want your kids to do (and don't tell me you don't have the same dreams). Picking up their own clothes, helping the younger kiddos, being polite and always asking please and saying thank you. I am sure you have all picked up those parenting books...you know the ones that tell you what you are doing wrong and what to do. The 'experts' that explain why your child might throw fits in the middle of the night, or why your son rips his diaper off but REFUSES to get in the bath or get dressed again. Those books that explain 'reasoning' with your kid instead of popping their behind! or using a 'quiet chair' instead of time out or grounding. So as I sit here now and ponder the actions my kids use at times (most of the time they are PERFECT), the attitudes they develop at odd times, or even the remarks they come up with...well I know what all the experts say...and I have come to a conclusion. The experts must all have NANNIES!

I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! :0)
    Glad y'all are having fun and I'll say some prayers for better sleep!
    :0)
    ~robin

    ReplyDelete