However...the weekend was wonderful...and we had some amazing food. I made green sauce...I call it Mamacita's sauce and H calls it Casa O'le...either way it is SO yummy. So I thought I would post the recipe...it is not really mine, it came from some good friends (Thanks T gang)...but I know they wouldn't mind. So here you go:
5-7 avocados (depending on the size)
1 can rotel with cilantro
2-3 limes (juiced)
3 oz cream cheese
garlic to taste (3 tsp or so)
16 oz sour cream
4 oz green chilies
salt to taste (2 tsp or more)
fresh cilantro (a good handful)
Just mix everything well...serve with chips.
OK...so what was next? Oh yeah...my little man is now 2. I can hardly believe it...but it is true...so I have to tell you about his birthday. First, as you know, he loves 'cooby doo'...so he has been telling everyone we were having a Scooby Doo party. We went to get all the party stuff. The only place that had SD stuff was the party store ($$$$$). So we went to Wal-mart and convinced him that we could do a really cool CARS party. He seemed to agree so we bought all the goodies. We then went to eat with some friends and S asked what my little man was going to have for his birthday. A look came over his face...really upset...and he just started crying. I asked what was wrong and the only thing he could say was 'cooby doo'. Heartbroken...we went back to WM and returned all the CARS stuff...drove back to the party store and spent a small fortune on a few Scooby Doo items. But he was so happy! I even made the cake...yes, I did it. So here are some pictures of the results...anything for my little man!
We were also able to make it to the zoo one day...
OK...one other thing that is happening in our lives is that we finally started a garden. I know what you are thinking...when do I even have time for that. It is what I call 'fun'...time to just get away from things and be outside. It is quite rewarding to be able to pick your own veggies. So we have several things planted...and will continue planting all season. Now we have potatoes, onions, carrots, blackberries, and 3 fruit trees. We even got the kids involved...
Ok...I think I have caught you up a little...I can't explain where all my time goes. I just stay busy...I was at Big Girls school today teaching science and doing science experiments...then we have Bball practice, dance class, Moms group, gardening, games, cleaning, fun time, quiet time, dinner time, and of course my job. So I guess I can give a good summary of my time...if only I had a few more hours in a day!


Oh my goodness...P's hair is getting so long in those zoo pics...I love it :) And you did an AWESOME job on the cake! I'm so proud of you! I forgot you call it Mamacita's green sauce, I thought you called it Casa Ole sauce...duh, sorry bout that! I'll try to call it by it's real name now...hee hee.
ReplyDeleteWow! You sound really busy! You're like super mom! :D
ReplyDelete