Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 2

OK...so we did get to stay in a hotel...but it was so hard getting up...my legs were not working...my feet were swollen...I was sleepy...and all my muscles ached...but I got up and dressed...and we were on our way for day 2. We left camp and headed out for what was definitely my hardest day.

I realized at about 11 miles for the day that my shoes were too small...and the blister that I saw on my toe was HUGE...I had no idea they could get that big...and the best thing was when I went to the medic and she SQUEEZED it. Yes, that hurt, and I am not a huge wimp. But I put my shoes back on and kept going. Seriously...when you see a sign that says 'blisters don't need chemo' then how in the world can you stop?

I will admit it...there was a brief moment that I really did not believe I could make all the miles on Saturday and had to walk really slow. I even had people ask me if I was ok...a little embarrassing...but I remembered one of my favorite verses...Isaiah 40:29-31

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No, I did not feel like running...and I didn't really feel myself soaring, I did however keep walking. Thanks to H and T for the encouragement...and the fact that I did not want to let anyone down. I even relied on a few other close friends from my home...K and G were so encouraging and I truly felt their prayers...especially those last few miles on Saturday.

Day 2 complete...another foot massage...pizza for dinner...and ice packs for knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment