What a difference I felt on Sunday morning. I am not sure if it was the pizza, the ice packs, the fact that we were almost finished...or more likely the borrowed shoes. I said in an earlier post that my shoes were too small...so I borrowed a pair from H...thanks...it really made a difference. Plus the others...I felt great on Day 3. I think we all did...I mean, we were well over half way there...no stopping us now.
We were the first group to leave, and we were moving right a long. I mean...we were cruising! We were in the front, even walking where there were few others in front of or behind us...where did that strength come from? But we had fun.
We were in the first 200 that arrived at the end of the walk...and it was so amazing to see mommy P waiting for us! What joy that gave us for her to be the first to know that we made all 60 on foot...what will we do if she is not there next year?
OK..so I spilled the beans...but that is for later!
Because we were there first...we had fun cheering the others as they came in and were truly humbled by the people we saw walking and had no idea. There were military guys decked out with boots and packs, pregnant women...and I don't mean a few months...these were PREGNANT women, older women, young guys, a mother and son team, mother and daughter teams, elderly couples, husbands and wives, sisters, companies, and yes, even those that were going through breast cancer at the time. It was inspiring and amazing.
So, I can tell H she was right...it did change my life...it has given me a different outlook on life...and yes, we are going again. How can I not? While I am still able to walk...we are going to do it one more year. I know it sounds crazy...but if you want to understand a little better...then join our team and walk with us. I really can't explain the experience...except to say...that it will change your life.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment