I know many of my blogs are funny or amusing...because that is just my life...but this is different...a little more serious...and one that has some deep emotion behind it. So let me start with a verse that has been on my mind from Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
When H approached me about walking with her...she seem so excited...so encouraging...and even mentioned that it would change my life. I know that it would be a great experience...but I just thought she really wanted a friend there...and that was ok with me. So I guess...in one sense...I sort of went for her. Yea...I know...you are thinking walking 60 miles just to be around a friend is CRAZY. I had no idea what I was in for. And as she will tell you...it took me a while to fully commit. I was a little nervous about raising the money, and I guess worried that if I raised the money that I would let people down if I couldn't finish all 60 miles.
So one day I was reading and I came across another quote from George S. Patton:
Accept challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory!
I had decided at that point and after a lot of encouragement from H...that I was going. I kept that verse in my mind...yes, I wanted the challenge, I wanted to spend some time with H and her mom and our new friend, but most of all I wanted to support a good cause.
I quickly began training and realized just how hard it might be to accomplish the goal I had set myself up for...but then I remembered what my Lord said in Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I knew that after I had prayed about it, that this was something I needed to do. I wanted to make a small difference to such a huge cause. I also knew with the strength of my friends walking with me, the encouragement of our special crew member, and the strength my Lord has for me...that I could do it.
So after several months of training and fundraising...the weekend was here...and wouldn't you know...I was sick and my babies were sick. So I was reluctant to leave them behind but knew I had a mission that I wanted to complete. So I left for me weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment