Friday, July 2, 2010

Rain Rain...don't go away!

What a wonderful day to spend curled up with a good book, a cup of coffee, and my favorite blankie!  Well, I can dream can't I?  We have had a pretty good day watching the rain...it is so wonderful to be getting all this rain for the garden.  I am sure I will spend most of next week weeding...While the kids are laying down...I thought I would send out my daybook entry:

Outside my window...dark, rainy, beautiful!

I am thinking...it would be nice to have the time to sit and read a good book with a cup of coffee...but too much going on around here with 3 kids and a sick cat to clean up after.

I am thankful for...a wonderful hubby who let's me have girls night out...even if it means not coming home until 3:30 am!  Yep, I went to the midnight show!

From the learning rooms...still learning ABC's with the kids, and I am trying to learn to digi scrap, finish my work, keep the house clean, and still keep things simple.

From the kitchen...Yummy lime sherbet smoothies!  A special treat after lunch.

I am wearing...ketchup on my shirt and dirt on my socks...but still comfy!

I am creating...quiet, reading time so I can get 10 minutes on the computer.

I am going...scrapping tonight!

I am reading...The Girl who could fly...in my spare time.

I am hoping...to have a few personal prayers answered soon so I can make sure I am on the right path.

I am hearing...white noise!!!  So wonderful...but I am wishing for a tin roof to hear the rain...I miss that!

Around the house...cats locked up, my little man asleep, girls quietly reading, kitchen swept, laundry spinning, waiting for Mammaw and Pappaw to arrive.

One of my favorite things...fresh garden tomatoes...better than candy!

A few plans for the weekend: special visitors, G's house tonight, July 4th party on Sunday and lot's of family.

Remembering Gigi:


Check out and see where my inspiration for the daybooking started:   http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Layout :) and I love the daybook idea, just wonder if I'd keep up, cuz I never seem to keep up (remember the Expressions Challenges on my blog? Yea, me neither).
    As for the webcam...SO STINKIN' SIMPLE. I'm sure your computer's is too. Our is just under Dell Webcam, then we had to plug in a microphone (happened to have one from a different software package I haven't used yet for James). Then you just play and record! Hey, I sent you a small box today, a few books and an extra canning kit in case you needed one? Dad had bought me an extra one.

    ReplyDelete