Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ah-Ah-Alligator

Sweet girl was so disappointed that she did not get to start school this year. So we went to WM and bought her a school box and her very own school supplies so we could do school at home. I decided to start with A and to do the short a sound...so we did apples and alligators yesterday. She did have a hard time remembering the letter A...but she knew the sound...she could even think of other words that started with the same sound. When asked what letter we were studying she kept saying C.

So, we worked a bit harder, read some books and I really thought she had it. I showed her the letter A and asked what sound it can make...she did that perfectly. I asked what words start with that letter...she named 5 different words. Then I said ok...what letter is that? She said C...so proud. I said...no it is an A...why can't you remember that. Her reply "Well, then you should have never told me about (making the letter sound) c-c-crocodile!

To explain, we do have a CD that has a song on it and it goes through the alphabet and it says C-C-crocodile. She is just so smart!

Anyway, we are having a blast...even little man joined in the school activities and learned the sound an A can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment