And from now on you are welcome to call my hubby 'Clark' or even 'Sparky' and as you read you will see why. One morning when the kids and I were by ourselves (daddy was at work)...we kept hearing a really loud noise in our fire place. We have an insert so it does not open into the house unless you open the door and that was a blessing. So we continued hearing this particular noise and as we are all watching trying to figure out what it was a squirrel dropped into the stove. Yes, you read it correctly...a squirrel...a rodent...in the stove...stuck. This is not the big deal...the adventure did not begin until daddy got home...
He tried setting up a trap...banging on the stove to scare the critter out...going on the roof to stick something down the chimney to get the squirrel out. Nothing worked. So 'Clark' has an idea...let's just open the front door, move all the furniture, get the kids out, open the stove door, and HOPE the rodent runs out the door. Ok...can you picture this...the squirrel running out, jumping on the tree and knocking it over, scrambling to the furniture, going wild inside the house a few days before Christmas. What a day.
Well...you will be happy to know that we did move all the furniture, we did open the stove door, locked up the cats, put the kids in the family room and waited...and waited...and the squirrel hopped out, looked around, and walked out the front door! I only wished I had that on video...but I did get a picture of him inside the stove...take a look:


That is hilarious! I can't wait to show T this... I can so see your hubby being Clark, lol! So does that make my hubby Cousin Eddy?
ReplyDeleteThat is so right...I can't wait til Cousin Eddy comes to visit!
ReplyDelete