Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mommy, I love you

What a weekend we have had...really busy, yet fun. Daddy and the kids let me go scrapbooking Friday night. I say 'let'...but daddy really encourages me to have that mommy time. I had a blast...I went with a friend and we spent most of the night chatting.

Big Girl had her last soccer game yesterday morning...she did so great. I have never seen her kick the ball that much...I need to get my video camera fixed.

After the game, daddy went hunting and it was just me and the kids. We had fun...it was cold so we built a fire. Baby Boy reminds us that it is 'HOT' and the girls like to get warm while watching tv. I guess the high-light of my weekend was when daddy gave me the 'ok' to create a special space for mommy. So I worked all day Saturday cleaning and I have a little spot for a desk...and yes...my art table. I am so excited...I just can't wait to get it completed so that I can sit and create.

One of my favorite things is when my kids come to me and just say...Mommy, I love you! What a blessing that is. Sweet girl is the one that will say it many times through-out the day. Yes, Big Girl says it...but not like SG...she just comes up and in that sweet high-pitched voice...'Mommy, I love you'...it just melts my heart.

We even made it to church in time for my small group class, and the kids just walked in their class...they love it there. While I was there, I was reminded that we have a Father that loves to hear those same words...even more so than I do. I think during our busy lives we sometimes to forget to just say...'Father, I love you'. How sweet that must sound to our 'Pappa'...

1 comment: