Anyway, this is not a post about my political beliefs (as they are pretty strong most of you know where I am). It is more of a post letting you know where I was last week and where I am today. I felt very down and ready to give up. For example, why should I pray if God already knows the outcome? Can my prayers really change God's mind? Why is it that people have become so wrapped up in themselves that they have strayed from what our founders wanted for this country? Why have we become a country that often gets what we can't afford, forget responsibility, and depend on others to take care of us? Will we ever realize that we do live in the best place in the world and that our freedom is NOT free?
So I struggled with prayers, I didn't want to talk to God, didn't want to read his word, and yes, I moped around the house for a few days. Thanks to a few of my BF's (daddy,froggymamma, GW, and my dad) for helping me through this time.
So where am I today? I am learning through his word that when Moses pleaded for the people he had brought out of Egypt, God did change his mind. "Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened" (Ex 32:14)
I am also learning that at times we have roadblocks to prayer and that we need not be weepy! As Joushua weeped and wailed over the nations defeat the Lord said "STAND UP! What are you doing down on your face? Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep" (Joshus 7:10-11)
I am understanding that there are times that God does give us what we ask for so we should be careful. In I Sam 8 the people cried for a new King...they wanted CHANGE...and finally God said let them have it.
I also see that no matter what, we need to pray for our nation. "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (2 Chron 7:14)
I know now that God is telling me that our leaders need prayer even if we don't like them. As a matter of fact, they may need more prayer than we realize.
I am realizing that I have tunnel vision...I only see what has happened and the next few years. But God is asking me to trust him since only He can see the BIG PICTURE. I don't know why a lot of things happen, but I do know that whatever the circumstance we are in, God is still in control. Many times we ask 'why' He would allow something to happen, and we may never know or even like the answer He would give us, we should rest assured that we are in His hands!
I also remember that God has given us the chance to raise 3 precious kiddo's...he gave them to us. That is another 'why' I will never be able to answer. Why he picked us to have 3 beautiful and healthy (sometimes cranky) kids to teach and raise. But we are thankful and loving every minute of it.








Amen!
ReplyDeleteWe keep reading that passage in Samuel also. Very fitting. Very scary, but only in a I trust God, but it could get ugly down here kind of way. His Sovereignty is so comforting.
Ok...you know I can't resist...what does "biolated" mean? :) U know one of the many things I love about you is your worrying, keeps me on my toes! And I love it even more when God relieves you of those worries & I get to witness it and now read about it!
ReplyDelete