Thursday, November 20, 2008

What are we praying for?

Ok...Just a quick note, I am supposed to be working right now, but I am taking a break.

I am reminded everyday that God is still in control...so I just had to share this quote. I think sometimes we forget that when we pray, we should be asking for God's will, what he wants us to do, and what we should be praying for. The whole election thing really threw me for a loop, I am sure you can guess what I was praying for and when my prayers were not answered I was a bit discouraged. And I have posted before...so I won't bore you with everything that is happening in my life and heart right now, but I just wanted to share this quote with you all...

We must move from asking God to take care of the things that are breaking our hearts, to praying about the things that are breaking His heart. (Margaret Gibb)

Pretty good huh! Again I am reminded that it is not about me...or us...but a bigger picture that we can not always see. So praying for what we want or what we think is best may not always be His plan. And wouldn't we rather be in God's will than under our wants!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...ok, but now I encourage you to put this towards our call today :) It will break your heart if it has to happen (not for as long as you think right now, though I PROMISE...experience speaking here), but God will lead you to make the right decision when the time comes. So relax for now...work on it w/out stressing kiddo out and pray for God's will. Don't invite worry (I should be preaching to myself, huh? hee hee)
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete